ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

FileBox eXtender now works under Vista

<< < (4/4)

Curt:
Be aware that the file on their secondary server is the "old" 2.00.01, not the new .02

Edited because it now has been removed

urlwolf:
This is one of the things I'd miss being 100% on linux.
My guess is that it'd be hard to port, since there are so many graphic libraries, window managers, etc.

Curt:
That is really cool news that it's gone open source.  Now anyone have any ideas for features to add to it? -mouser (April 09, 2008, 12:16 PM)
--- End quote ---
I am not asking for new features yet,... -Curt (April 10, 2008, 10:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

- it is good that I remembered to add "yet". I wrote the author and explained my wish for Filebox eXtender to co-operate with QT Tabbar:

(...) I am also the happy user of QT Tabbar, and it saddens me that Filebox eXtender (FbX) always will open folders in a new window. QT Tabbar makes it possible to open all folders in tabs, and it would be so wonderful if FbX could co-operate with QT, so folders will open in tabs via the FbX also (...)
--- End quote ---

His answer came today:

(...) I will consider it next time I work in FbX code. Please note that I also release all the source code of FbX on my web site. If you are by any chance a C++ programmer, or know someone who would be interested, I would welcome any improvements to that code!
--- End quote ---

Many DC members are coders
and many DC members are using Filebox eXtender
and many DC members are using QT Tabbar

- but do we have any coders using both QT Tabbar and Filebox eXtender ??

Curt:
FileBox eXtender version 2.01.00 is now available for download, updated Feb. 23, 2011

http://www.hyperionics.com/

2011.02.23 Version 2.01.00
Claudio Nicora, http://coolsoft.altervista.org, fixed the following for Windows 7:
* in Windows Explorer, selecting a preferred folder from FBX dropdown menu causes another instance of Explorer to start (correctly showing the selected folder)
* "Click-switch file box folder" feature does not work-hyperionics
--- End quote ---

J-Mac:
I did not realize that fBx was updated to work on Windows 7!

Thank you!

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version