ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Morse Code as You Type

<< < (3/5) > >>

hurricanedavid:
I might even find an application I like and say "hey I can do that better" or "that looks like it would be fun to code" and then I start. 
-Veign (October 06, 2005, 11:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

Agree. I downloaded PHPWiki (freeware, on sourceforge.net) because I wanted a wiki on my site.  I got it working and it's nice, but it lacked some features I wanted.  Also, I'm kinda a "facts curator" by nature, so the wiki kind of program really appealed to me -- with its universal access and quick page creation.  I thought it would be a great way to improve my PHP knowledge and experience (I was right).

So I wrote my own.  Mine doesn't have many of the great bells and whistles of the fine PHPWiki, but it also doesn't have the overhead of the much larger program.  And it does exactly what I want it to.

I didn't know there was a shareware version of what I was suggesting already available.  But I agree that $25 is high for something that simple.  I would hope it has more features to justify that price.  And for me, $25 is a lot of money.

hurricanedavid:
Well, since my initial post on this subject, I've become a AutoHotKey coder.  Quite an amazing little program. 

I wrote my own little program to sound out morse code as you type!  The only disadvantage is that the character you type now will play its sound even if the previous character's sound is not done.

This means that if you type fast, you won't really be helped by listening as you type because you won't hear the complete sequences.

However, if you type slowly, or just want to go to a text editor and hit a letter to hear the sound, then this program will work nicely for you.

I posted it on my web site...
http://www.cfjungle.com/apps/dgMorse/

...in case anyone wants it.

mouser:
cool!

hurricanedavid:
Another note....

All my program does is play an audio file called A.wav when the letter a is pressed.

So if you wanted some other sounds, just save them as .wav files as the name of the keys and replace the .wav files that came with the program.

mouser:
could be very fun for kids if you made words like "APPLE" for A, etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version