ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Skinning?

<< < (2/2)

Scott:
No offense intended to anybody, but I personally really hope you never skin your applications.  The list of reasons not to is quite long, but at the top are the facts that it degrades performance, and leads to undesirable side-effects for those of use who count on forms operating in a standard, expected manner.

jpfx:
I agree with ^, no skins, Ever! The resource usage overhead is completely unnecessary for a utility application. A sking for a program that pops up for a second or two??  hrrrmmph!

I bought approcket (unfortunately), before I found F&R to be much better. I worry about bloat as F&R gets developed more though. Approcket uses ~20mb on my PC! There's another program; 1st turborun http://www.turborun.com which is similar but less well implemented (I might add) that runs under ~2mb.
For me anything that sits in the tray has to be extremely light on resources.

mouser:
i dont think f&r is going to ever get skins, though i must admit i am trying a toolbar component for cheat sheeter that support minimal skinning.

btw f&r has two modes of running in tray, one runs full app in tray, and another runs the tiniest helper app that launches the main one.

mouser:
f&r isnt going to get more bloated but we can add a lot of functionality with no more bloat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version