ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Activation/License/Language Help

Licence key

<< < (3/4) > >>

IainB:
This thread is interesting from a process/quality improvement perspective, because it is a sort of, or partial, log of process errors.

@mouser: Just out of interest, do you have any idea of the statistics:
(a) Total number of licence key registrations to date.
(b) Total number of failed registrations complained about.
(c) Estimated number of failed registrations not complained about.

If you could calculate: (b)+(c) as a percentage of (a)+(b)+(c)
- then you could use that as the result of human error (assuming that human error is the sole cause).

You might then take a look at the process for issuing/registering licence keys and see if there is any way you might be able to change/improve it to reduce the statistical incidence of human error.
If you cannot see any way to improve the process to achieve that, then a common and effective approach is to automate the process still further.

For example, when I was registering my GOTD PhotoStitcher yesterday, I noticed that:
The download included only 3 files:

* Activate.exe
* readme.txt
* Setup.exe
I opened the readme, ran the Setup, and, whilst PhotoStitcher was still running, I then ran the Activate.
It was all pretty well automated and the registration took place entirely automatically and seemed quite smooth, and afforded little room for human error.

mouser:
seth, we only offer license keys for the software WE have created, not other software.

app103:
sethukumar.spidey, for most of DonationCoder's software it's usually located under the Help menu. Look for About (Enter new license key). Click that and there should be a button on that window to click which will bring up the box to paste in the key.

Angelonmyshoulder:
I still have not figured out just WHERE to paste my license key. I must be dumb, cause I feel like an idiot searching, going in circles trying to figure out just how to drop this darned key somewhere. Whatever happened to the usual license keys you normally come across? :tellme:

mouser:
Hi Angel.

You're not dumb -- sometimes it can be confusing.  But we try to make up for it in being friendly!

So, we're here to help.

Which program of ours are you trying to put the license key into?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version