ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Shut Up About Vista, Already

<< < (5/9) > >>

cranioscopical:
I thought that was a lovely vista!
-Darwin (December 01, 2007, 06:49 PM)
--- End quote ---
Nice one!
(It was taken from windows.)

Curt:
...  His methodology? He tweaks the test machines to remove functionality, ...-Ralf Maximus (November 29, 2007, 09:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Here is a link to a really fine instruction by TexHex on how to make Vista faster by using this strange methode. The article is far too long to show here, so you will have to follow the link.: http://texhex.blogspot.com/2007/11/windows-vistas-constant-hd-activity.html

Carol Haynes:
We're getting used to snow again on mid-Vancouver Island.
-Darwin (December 01, 2007, 05:23 PM)
--- End quote ---
I recall a winter visit to Vancouver some years back. A snowfall created amazing confusion.
Took this from my window yesterday evening, in southern Ontario. Might have to plough the place before too long  :'(
I'm not saying anything about you-know-which O/S, just to nod at the topic.
-cranioscopical (December 01, 2007, 06:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah - my mum was complaining on the phone about heavy snow falls in Bracebridge (she hates the snow with a vengence). Where are you based in S. Ontario? I will be coming over some time next year - maybe we should organise a DC get together in Ontario !

zridling:
Curt, thank you for the article link! That constant grinding and indexing of my HDs — even though I have all indexing turned off and all index associations unchecked — is maddening! All I needed instead was to uncheck the 'Users' folder. Hell, I thought my HD was going to burn up from that crap.

nontroppo:
About that article - you need to pay more $$$ to get Vista with shadow copy et al., but I've read somewhere that the services are enabled on all Vista versions, is this true? If so, how does that benefit basic/home users, and make the extra disk activity worth it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version