ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Auto Frefresh New Info Notification

(1/3) > >>

ValerieEden:
My husband is a truck driver who must find loads posted off a continually updated load board.

What I have to do is fill out a form with criteria to search for loads that will fit his needs, then up pops the results to my search.

The problem is that I must auto-refresh as quickly as possible to find new loads, and this means I have to attempt to memorize the page each time it refreshes so I can see if anything new has come up.  This can go on for hours or even days.

I cannot tell you what a lovely thing it would be if I could simply set the page to auto-refresh and then leave, letting a program do that work for me.

If there were a way to have a program identify any new info on the refreshed page, highlight it, and sound a little bell to call me over to look, I'd be such a happy camper.    :D

Is something like this possible with a smallish amount of work?

Thank you,
Valerie

jgpaiva:
The refresh part, at least, is quite easy. Just download opera, which as a "reload page every" 5seconds/15seconds/30 seconds/1 minute... etc.

ValerieEden:
Yes, I've already got an auto refresh.    :Thmbsup: 

I have not found one that notifies you of changes though. 

Thanks!

justice:
Have you looked at http://website watcher?

kimmchii:
BEST WEB SITE MONITORING TOOL

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version