ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Best password manager?

<< < (13/28) > >>

mahaal:
I guess the references to "sticky notes" got me to this thread when I did a search for "sticky" -- meaning I was looking for posts on "STICKY PASSWORD" -- which is a great password manager. 

Anyone who needs a password manager that works with Firefox and many other browsers (sorry, no Opera), has portable capabilities without having to pay for an additional license, go and read about it here - and try it out:
http://www.stickypassword.com

I was surprised and pleased also, when I found it works with Intuit programs as well, and probably with other apps that have passwords!

katykaty:
Am I the only person in the world using Password Agent?
-katykaty (December 17, 2007, 02:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
How does it compare with keepass and roboform, or even formautofiller ?
-Armando (December 17, 2007, 11:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

Now that's a good question  :D

Haven't tried Roboform, Formautofiller looks like it just, err, fills in forms, which isn't something I need. Just downloaded keepass and I'm impressed; similar concept to Password Agent but a nicer look and feel. I also get the impression it does a lot more too.

I'll run both together for a couple of weeks to see what I think.
-katykaty (December 18, 2007, 02:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm liking KeePass - it was easy to export all my Password Agent entries across and it feels a lot slicker. I think I'll keep it and start using it full time.  :)

Armando:
Thanks for the follow up!  :)

katykaty:
And thanks for prompting me to give it a spin in the first place  :Thmbsup:

xtabber:
Another vote for eWallet. Very flexible, although it doesn't fill forms, but that's fine, since I use a variety of browsers (Opera, Firefox, Seamonkey...) and they all do things differently.

The main thing for me is that it is extremely secure, unlike the browser password managers, and I can use it on both Palm and Windows. Stuff that I don't care about much, I leave in the browser's manager. Anything that could cost me $$ if it escaped, I keep in eWallet only.

eWallet is also useful for keeping other kinds of information than just passwords.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version