ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Best password manager?

<< < (8/28) > >>

f0dder:
And what exactly are the negative concerns with .NET framework in use?  Seems many useful programs have gone this path... (I am seriously asking as I am just an end-user)
-vegas (December 09, 2007, 07:43 AM)
--- End quote ---
Higher memory usage, somewhat longer application load time (and a serious hit for the first-time load of the dotNET framework after a system reboot). For the most part, performance while running isn't too bad, and not something you will notice at all for normal apps.

mnemonic:
And what exactly are the negative concerns with .NET framework in use?  Seems many useful programs have gone this path... (I am seriously asking as I am just an end-user)
-vegas (December 09, 2007, 07:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

My only concern is from a purely personal point-of-view as we use Windows 2000 at work, which doesn't have the .NET framework installed.

rjbull:
I am not really interested in trying others unless someone knows a good one that is also a form-filler AND syncs with Palm OS.
-wiiiindy (December 08, 2007, 03:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

I admit KeePass isn't really a form-filler like RoboForm.  But, you can convert KeePass passwords for Palm via the KeePass to Keyring converter.

pencoe:
I'm using KeePass right now. For anything that KeePass does not do on its own (like starting something and then doing autotype) i'm using AutoHotKey (hey, how can you live without it?).

Best thing on KeePass: there is a WinMobile App and the .kdb-file can be sync'd with my PDA  :-*

Bye, Peter

Nxqd3051990:
I'm using Opera which not work with AIRoboform so I try to use keepass ^^. Does it have any keepass plugins for Opera ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version