ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Best password manager?

<< < (5/28) > >>

iphigenie:
I tried roboform a while back and I didnt like it all that much. Now as a form filler it is a good product, but as a password manager I wouldnt really use it - I would have to reinstall it to put my finger on what exactly I didnt like, but in part it did feel quite naggy and it didnt inspire my trust...

Perry Mowbray:
I tried roboform a while back and I didnt like it all that much. Now as a form filler it is a good product, but as a password manager I wouldnt really use it - I would have to reinstall it to put my finger on what exactly I didnt like, but in part it did feel quite naggy and it didnt inspire my trust...
-iphigenie (December 02, 2007, 05:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

You've hit the nail on the head! It really is a Form Filler. I don't think it's got the functionality to fill non-web controls. And that is the only thing that bugs me about RoboForm... it's a hassle to put your general passwords in there as it's hard to get them out (can't even drag and drop, you have to copy and paste).

tinjaw:
it's a hassle to put your general passwords in there as it's hard to get them out (can't even drag and drop, you have to copy and paste).-Perry Mowbray (December 02, 2007, 06:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't believe that is true. I drag and drop. If you can't it is because the application you are trying to drop on isn't allowing it. You can also just click on the little icon next to the field in RoboForm and it will automatically copy it to the clipboard for you so you need not even use Ctrl + C.

9. Fill Forms by Drag-and-Drop.
If the "Fill Forms" button does not fill forms from the Passcard, you can drag-and-drop field values from the Passcard Editor to an online form:
- Start dragging the field by its drag and drop handle which is a picture of small suitcase,
- Select the field value or its part and then start dragging the selection.
- Not all applications will accept a drop part of drag-and-drop.

10. Fill Forms by Copy-and-Paste.
You can also Copy-and-Paste values into the online form or an application:
- In Passcard Editor click the Handle icon, it will copy field value to Clipboard.
- In your online form or application place mouse to field to be filled and press CTRL+V or invoke Paste command using this application user interface.
- Most applications can Paste from clipboard. So if Drag-and-Drop does not work, use Copy and Paste.
--- End quote ---

lanux128:
Oubliette, a freeware password manager by tranglos.

Main window

Accounts selection

Daleus:
KeePass is my choice.

Simple, portable and free. Plus whatever else anyone else said here about KeePass that is good ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version