ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Best password manager?

<< < (22/28) > >>

Dormouse:
Will LastPass and RoboForm conflict with each other?  I don't need LastPass on Firefox, since I'm quite happy with RoboForm.  In an earlier message, justice seemed to suggest that LastPass would add all the information supplied by RoboForm when I logged into sites, which is why I let the plug-in be installed.  But what happens after that?  And will the information LastPass picks up on Firefox transfer automatically to Opera? 
-cyberdiva (March 23, 2009, 07:45 PM)
--- End quote ---
Nice questions. I look forward to the answers.  ;D

Thanks for the instructions on Opera installation  :up: It will be interesting to hear how well you feel it works in your Opera & FF setup.
I'm still waiting myself to see if anyone has more critical comments and it looks as if you have already saved me a bit of frustration. :)

40hz:
Am I the only person in the world that has a real problem  :'( with storing a password list online, no matter who with? I don't even allow my e-mail client or browser to remember them.
-40hz (March 22, 2009, 04:13 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'm with you. I'd never trust my passwords to an online entity (well, storing an encrypted document that I have complete control of would work).
-f0dder (March 22, 2009, 06:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Actually, that's not a bad idea.

I'd still use some 'fake-outs' on the list - but saving an encrypted attachment in a GMail account that someone could be given access to in an emergency might be something worth considering.

That would yield three independent levels of security: the GMail account password; the encryption key and methodology used on the attachment; and advance knowledge of the fake-out scheme employed within the password list.

Since I'm a nobody (i.e. "having little power, wealth, or influence") that would be more than enough security for my uninteresting life. :) 8)

cyberdiva:
Nice questions. I look forward to the answers.  ;D
-Dormouse (March 23, 2009, 07:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Here's a little more feedback: justice was correct, when I add info to RoboForm, I'm asked whether I want to add it as well to LastPass.  And even if I don't use RoboForm, if I supply any login info in Firefox, LastPass asks whether I want to save it in LastPass as well. 

Unfortunately, LastPass doesn't always seem to recognize when a page will accept a login.  I joined a forum via Firefox, and I arranged to have the data saved in LastPass.  Later, I went to the forum via Opera, went to the login page, and clicked on the LastPass bookmarklet.  To my surprise, I was told "We didn't find any matching fields for the site on this page."  Duh.  So I think the jury is still out on whether LastPass will turn out to be useful enough and unbuggy enough for me to keep using it.

justice:
When that happens it offers to Force form fill in or something similar. That seems to always work for me so far.

cyberdiva:
When that happens it offers to Force form fill in or something similar. That seems to always work for me so far.
-justice (March 24, 2009, 01:00 PM)
--- End quote ---
Oh, OK.  That's good to know.  Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version