ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Best password manager?

<< < (11/28) > >>

katykaty:
Am I the only person in the world using Password Agent?
-katykaty (December 17, 2007, 02:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
How does it compare with keepass and roboform, or even formautofiller ?
-Armando (December 17, 2007, 11:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

Now that's a good question  :D

Haven't tried Roboform, Formautofiller looks like it just, err, fills in forms, which isn't something I need. Just downloaded keepass and I'm impressed; similar concept to Password Agent but a nicer look and feel. I also get the impression it does a lot more too.

I'll run both together for a couple of weeks to see what I think.

WingedTaz:
I'm surprised to not see Passwords Max ( http://www.authord.com/PP/ ) mentioned.  :huh:
I've used it for years. I'm not a power user - it does a lot more than I know about, but I've been happy with it.

It keeps track of of credit card numbers, PINs, website passwords, etc. It will monitor for a website and automatically enter UID, password and other fields - will admit I've had a few problems with this feature on rare occasion.

It keeps all data in an encrypted database, and even will encrypt files for you and open password protected Word (and I assume other application) documents. It has a bunch of other function you can read about on their web page. Works well for a non-Geek like me. ;D

Anybody else use it or have an opinion?  :feedback:

I'll have to review this forum entry more closely before I renew Password Max support in March. Sounds like RoboForm, KeePass and some of these other products are worth a look, but they'd have to be pretty good to make me take the time to learn a new product and convert a bazillion passwords!  :wallbash:

wiiiindy:
Does Passwords Max HotSync with Palm? :-\

dantheman:
This is not a p.w. manager but someone at Diigo's forum posted that he set a sticky note with his p.w. (private of course) to the web sites he visited via the toolbar. Diigolet probably lets you do the same. No worries about backing up your secure data.

jlogic77:
Sounds almost as bad as my mom having her real stickynotes on her monitor with passwords.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version