ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Mirror portion of multi-monitor

<< < (3/3)

jarhead:
Nice new freeware tool related to this, called "PresentationMode":
http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/PresentationMode/1195730932/1
-mouser (November 27, 2007, 07:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nice find mouser but the software essentially mirrors your laptop screen and projects it.  I want the opposite... define a region on my second monitor and have a window on my laptop screen that displays just that portion.  I'm still playing around with PresentationMode now (although the ZoomIt application from System Internals does a lot of the same).

jarhead:
However, when I do as tinjaw has suggested it works fine UNTIL I right click on something/anything. Then the focus of the magnified area goes to the place where I've right clicked or the top of the context menu which that may have launched.
--- End quote ---

If you uncheck all of the tracking boxes it shouldn't move should it?
-mouser (November 27, 2007, 07:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

You would think so but I tried it out and encountered the same issues as BigJim describes.

jarhead:
I just downloaded the trial version of UltraMon and I noticed under the Add-ons section of the site there was a utility called MirrorMon.  I downloaded it and this little app does exactly what I was looking for.  You can define an area of the screen and mirror it in a window.  I am mirroring a section of my second monitor which displays nicely in a little window on my main monitor.  Works great with no CPU usage.

tinjaw:
Thanks for reporting back jarhead. That's a good piece of info to squirrel away. I'm sure I'll use it at some point in the future.

monkeyman2424:
Hey guys, I know this post is really old, but its one of the only websites with this question, so I had to post the solution I found for others to see. If I had this problem, then im sure others have had it, too. (Of course this program probably wasnt around then, but still.) There is this amazing, free program called OnTopReplica that does exactly what (I think) you are talking about. Its simple and works. Here is the link: http://ontopreplica.codeplex.com/

Hope this helps people looking for a good solution.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version