ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

winamp 5.5 is fantastic (I thought I'd never say that)

<< < (8/8)

delwoode:
I still like AIMP(2) , I might give winamp a try if someone can tell me how much memory it uses, maximized

delwoode:
ok testing it now, sound quality good, uses 32mb and 8.5 mimizimed. Seems good though.
Aimp uses 7mb and less than 3 minimized

Curt:
Yes, it took 3 years to get from 5.5 to 5.6-Curt (December 01, 2010, 10:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

-amazing, when you think of it. As an example, I have to come to "hate" Ashampoo because of their endless stream of major version upgrades, but Winamp is from another end of the universe: also updated very often, yet merely from 5.5 to 5.6 in 3 years!!! Now THAT is proper value for the money (for a license key)! I'll bet I am going to reinstall my PRO version quite soon! hahaha.

tslim:
Just to share my finding and experience:

If you are like me, have a lot of mp3 song collection whose tag info are in multiple languages. (In my case they are English and Chinese Simplified, yours could be different, of course) then this freeware player:

TTPlayer from: http://ttplayer.qianqian.com/index.php

is a must have!!!

1. With few clicks, it can convert tag info of all songs in a folder (sometime I have more than hundred songs in a folder) base on your chosen codepage.  :-*

2. Its lyric search and control feature is so efficient that I can't even think of a better way.

3. It is so easy to extract into individual high quality mp3 files from an APE (with its cue file available).

In brief, every feature I need now and probably in the future is already in the program (that include auto-tagging, tag to file naming etc). I own a MediaMonkey Gold license, but I hardly use it any more due to unicode probelm and I am heavily rely on this free tool nowadays.

The only thing it lacks currently is, it can't really play DTS music file (e.g. some recent WAV file with surround musci effect)...

and

Unfortunately, because it is created by Chinese programmer it has Chinese user interface.
I have not search around for an English version before, may be it is available somewhere out there...

justice:
Wish I could see a waveform display of the track like on soundcloud.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version