ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

winamp 5.5 is fantastic (I thought I'd never say that)

(1/8) > >>

urlwolf:
winamp 5.5 is fantastic (I thought I'd never say that)!

I grew tired with musicIP constant crashes and lack of features. The new standard UI for foobar 9.5 is quite cool, but I'm too lazy to spend dozens of hours chasing all components to make it work the way my 9.3 does.

So I hit winamp. Holy shit. They have improved a lot.
They grab album art quite well. Even fix tags. Album art is displayed in all sizes very well, and the entire thing loads super fast!

Give it a try and tell me what you think...
Plus, it has a MusicIP plugin so you can still mix the way musicIP does (the only saving grace of a tool that looks more like the flintstones' car now than ever :) )

Grorgy:
I was pleasantly surprised with the new winamp to. all my music was at once available easily, even though my tags and some of the directory structure is absolutely stuffed  :-[  (we live and learn i hope lol) and its sound is as good as any other i've tried to my ears so what more can you ask for?  Ohh and i think it looks good to :)

justice:
how do you fix tags with winamp then? Is it automatic like musicip?

mouser:
how about adding a screenshot?

nosh:
It's nice eye-candy, I'll give you that. But it's slow to load and stutters when there's heavy multi-tasking going on. :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version