ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Upgraded to 64-bit XP, need virtual CD/DVD drive

<< < (4/4)

Crush:
Hi, f0dder!

Why donĀ“t you try Daemon-Tools V4.10 X64?   :D  (http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/download.php?mode=ViewCategory&catid=5) I cannot remember that the adware has been a problem - even if I tried to install it.

f0dder:
Crush: it seems that the adware is only installed if you choose to, but I try to steer clear of things that come with adware. Also, d-t has a bunch of code for avoiding game copy protections, I don't really need that and would rather use a product that doesn't have it...

So far MagicISO/MagicDisc seems to fit the bill, comes without spyware, doesn't have anti-protection stuff, and is freeware. Don't see much reason for d-t x64, although that might change if MagicDisc turns out to be buggy when put to more use... don't think so, though.

mwb1100:
What I meant by this is that I can't see why Alcohol wouldn't have 64-bit drivers, considering how popular it is.
-Deozaan (November 24, 2007, 11:42 PM)
--- End quote ---
Alcohol does have 64-bit drivers.

One drawback to Alcohol is that it has an aggressive activation scheme that requires re-activation even after very minor system changes. I think that it also requires continual Internet access (it deactivates if it hasn't had an opportunity to check-in within the past few weeks or so) - but I may be confusing this with Daemon Tools Pro which definitely does this.

Lashiec:
That is something QUITE ironic

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version