ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

32bit vs 64bit Vista performance comparison?

<< < (3/3)

f0dder:
Thanks - that is useful info. If you decide to go the 64-bit XP route do you need a new installation key for XP or can you change base without having to buy the product again?
-Carol Haynes (November 25, 2007, 06:13 AM)
--- End quote ---
That's a good question - I honestly don't know whether 32- and 64-bit XP versions differentiate between keys. Iirc the 32- and 64-bit versions were priced differently, so I wouldn't be surprised.

insert_nick:
If this can be any useful, here's a post by Aaron Giles with some benchmarks for MAME compilation on his new system with Vista 64-bit... but the comparison is with a different machine, so probably it's not so interesting here.

PPLandry:
Carol: some 32-bit software might break, but I haven't seen that myself. -f0dder (November 24, 2007, 07:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

FYI, On the Ecco Pro Yahoo group, users have reported that Ecco Pro 4.01 (latest version, a 32 bit app) does not run on Vista 64

f0dder:
Carol: some 32-bit software might break, but I haven't seen that myself. -f0dder (November 24, 2007, 07:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

FYI, On the Ecco Pro Yahoo group, users have reported that Ecco Pro 4.01 (latest version, a 32 bit app) does not run on Vista 64
-PPLandry (December 14, 2007, 11:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

What about Vista32, and XP64?

64bit OS is one possible problem, Vista is a lot of possible problems :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version