ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

[feature request] When adding Alias from FARR, assign an icon automatically

(1/2) > >>

vitalyb:
I'd like to expand my prvious idea:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=10843.msg85801#msg85801

When you do "Rightclick->Add to group alias" it fills the path for you but it wouldn't take the icon. So in result I have lots of aliases with empty icons.

P.S An alternative solution would be to create a folder with shortcuts, just as it is done with "cpanel".

mouser:
what aliases are you creating that you need to specifically add icons for?

vitalyb:
For example, I am searching for Visual Studio and decide I want to assign an alias for it.
So I do "Add to group alias" (new one) and assign the alias devenv.

However, when I write "dev" I see lots of results and one of them is devenv however since this group (with one alias) has no icons, I see a blank icon.

Another solution would be to give groups with no icons the icon of their first alias.

vitalyb:
This is what I mean:

mouser:
well..
FARR should be picking up the icon automatically for all true file entries in an alias.
the only alias results that should need a custom icon is when it's not for a file or if you want to override the default icon associated with a file.

so maybe it's a bug in farr, or maybe the ms visual studio lnk is somehow missing icon..

or can you think of a reason why it's not picking up the icon from the file?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version