ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Going back to XP

<< < (5/5)

mouser:
This is the 3rd or 4th pc I've built and the first time I am having issues.
--- End quote ---

sounds like your first 3 pcs need to be rebuilt -- if you didn't have issues with each of them, you are not doing this build-your-own-pc thing right.  :P

f0dder:
XP-SP3 will increase your speed another 10%.
-zridling (November 28, 2007, 03:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

I wish people would stop saying that, since it's not really confirmed yet, and based on one test that sounds pretty half-assed. (Not that I don't wish it to be true, though).

Ralf Maximus:
I wish people would stop saying that, since it's not really confirmed yet, and based on one test that sounds pretty half-assed. (Not that I don't wish it to be true, though).
-f0dder (November 28, 2007, 06:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

True enough, since the one test in question (IIRC) utilized Office2007 for the benchmark.  Disabling the stupid ribbon ought to net you 10% by itself.

MrCrispy:
sounds like your first 3 pcs need to be rebuilt -- if you didn't have issues with each of them, you are not doing this build-your-own-pc thing right.
--- End quote ---

That sounds like the First Axiom of DIY pc's - If you're not having issues (and having to post to 10 msg boards), you haven't tweaked it enough!

Also known as - If you Build It, They will come.......... (problems i.e.)  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version