ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Best and Worst Consumer Electronics, 2007

<< < (2/3) > >>

justice:
I'm getting'll get to use an iMac at work  :tellme:

f0dder:
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind having a macbook so I could play around with a bit of OS X software development, but I'm no big fan of Apple, I think lot of their design is bollocks, that they're inherently more evil than Microsoft, and their group of zealots is on par with the lunix ones... and iPhone is wank.

:Thmbsup:

Lashiec:
If the iPhone wasn't a closed environment, even more than normal phones, something I thought impossible, and a expensive device, I'd say that it could be the best smartphone (as a pure phone, you're better buying the cheapest one they have in the shop) easily. Let's not forget about the "flexible" contracts, the hijacking of your wallet during, 2 years?, the destruction of the trees around Cupertino... etc. ;D

Well, at least the Apple TV panning is universal, what a mess Apple did with that appliance. Is it me or almost every thing in that list is out of reach of mere mortals? And no audio players category :(

Renegade:
but I'm no big fan of Apple, I think lot of their design is bollocks, that they're inherently more evil than Microsoft, and their group of zealots is on par with the lunix ones...
-f0dder (November 22, 2007, 10:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Amen!

The Apple and Linux religions are just sickening. I have an iPod and a Linux box, but they're just tools in the exact same way that my Windows boxes are tools.

The thing that really just pisses me off is listening to anti-Microsoft drivel about how they're "evil". Apple's behaviour is infinitely worse. When will people wake up to that? Steve Jobs rules with an iron fist far worse than Gates or Ballmer. Gates and Ballmer are far closer to open than Apple ever will be with Jobs at the helm.

MS is changing a lot now, and I expect that we'll see a lot more openness from them in the near future. They've released .NET code under a "read-only" license. Things are changing there, but Apple is going in the opposite direction it seems, e.g. iPhone. Well, they are opening the iPhone somewhat for developers. We'll see though.

I would like to see MS get into the fray and start bidding against Google for bandwidth then launch their own phones. They already have the deals with the carriers though - Google is in for a big challenge when they go up against AT&T and the boys though. Apple knew better than to screw with them for good reason.

And yes - I root for MS because are good to developers and everyone hates them. (If the average person is just average, then their opinions must be too. Better to go against the grain and avoid mediocrity. :) )

lanux128:
being in the publishing business, the magazine needs to feature products from the big-guns to pull-in the advertisements.. also by placing too many unknowns in the article, they risk dumb-founding their readers as well.. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version