ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snacks

Tourl -- my app to quickly save page URL, title and tags to .url

(1/2) > >>

Nod5:
I'm currently rewriting my own small app for saving web page URLs, titles and some tags to separate .url files. I use it to replace the internal favorite/bookmark handling in Maxthon and Firefox. The app speeds up my bookmarking a lot. It's designed for use with a small number of tags (up to nine plus date, domain name etcetera) and has some intuitive hotkeys. Today I wanted to practice on making a screencast in Wink so I made a small animation of how the bookmarking app looks and operates, hopefully pretty selfexplanatory: http://nod5.dcmembers.com/tourlcast.html

Would anyone else here have use for this? The code is currently very messy and specific to my system but if others are interested in it then I'll try to clean it up and release it in some way, when I have time.

edit: See reply #7 for a download link and more information on the finished program, https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=10957.msg88324#msg88324

edit: changed thread title from "my app to quickly save page URL, title and tags to .url -- anyone interested?"
edit2: changed screencast link

mouser:
that is *extremely* cool.
the demo video is very helpful by the way.

yes i want it  :up:

ps.
this is one of those things that there are certain people who would really love this, but it will be hard for them to find your tool or know where to look.  you should make alittle web page for it that people can find while searching, and maybe make a pad file for it, etc.

nite_monkey:
it sounds cool and all, but what does the AA BB CC DD and what not do? I would like to download it and see how cool it is. :up:

mouser:
as i understand it, those are the sample configured keywords, which get stored with the bookmark.
so the tool provides a very quick way to add from a specific set of keywords when you save it.
very useful if for example you were doing research and wanted to quickly tag urls from a set of keywords.

nite_monkey:
that makes sense. That would be a useful feature.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version