ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

DonationCoder.com Logo Contest is Over - We Have a New Official Mascot/Logo!

<< < (11/22) > >>

momonan:
At the moment, I don't have a comment about which entry should be used, but it looks like there are several opportunities for logos, depending on where they are placed:

1.  square buttons

2.  long banners

Both may be useful, as long as they express the same idea and personality.

mouser:
i agree, there may be room to use multiple images for different things -
might be good to have a common thread through so that they are all somehow "recognizable" as being us.
however that common thing could be that bird holding a coin - it seemed to fit in very well with kniht's other logo, and it may fit in with others too - kind of like a theme where the bird is always in the logo somewhere.

one of the things we will be doing is making some shirt with the logo(s) i think, to give away as prizes or put on cafepress or something as an alternate way for people to donate.

nudone:
it looks like the bird logo idea has been decided upon (november fundraiser banner) so i'll do a few versions of the bird/coin sketch in a bolder cartoony form for you to choose from (or dismiss).

regarding animations in flash - i can but it will take me a bit of time (like everything does).

i'll use the DC with the bird inside idea also - with thicker letters (they definitely need to be 'fatter' for smaller logo sizes).

i'll try and get something posted back within the next few hours...

mouser:
notice the bird has found a home now in the upper right of forum.

ps.
soon we will have to have a board-wide vote to name him/her.

rrtwister:
Carol,
might I ask what you used to make the logo for Swaledale Outdoor Club?
-rrtwister (November 12, 2005, 10:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

A scannerĀ  :-[

It's off the letter head of the club ...
-CarolHaynes (November 13, 2005, 06:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks. The reason I asked is that I was thinking of trying use that format and put the bird in the middle and www.DonationCoder.com where the text was. One of my major drawbacks is that I am about as artistic and creative as a cement block. Just thought I would see how it would turn out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version