ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > ProcessTamer

Config always says Tray prog isn't running.

<< < (4/7) > >>

mouser:
thanks for letting us know about that clue efoxweb!

JarC:
Even though this topic is fairly old, I ran into the same problem as described here, but for the life of me I could not get Performance Monitor to start, and also had not used any of the tweaker programs...

daft me had forgotten I'd done this manually, so, if a tweaker tool don't do it for you, and you are confortable with RegEdit, navigate to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Perflib
and in all likelyhood you wil find an item named "Disable Performance Counters" in the right hand pane, set it to 0 and everything should be right as rain the next time you boot.

mouser:
Thanks for your post JarC.
I'm actually going to be updating Process Tamer in the next couple of weeks and I think I will add code to check this value and report to the user if it's disabled.

Joe35M:
Mouser,

Process Tamer V2.08.02, d/l'ed and installed yesterday (June 7, 2007).  It ran ok, showing which processes were running and changing their priorities on the fly.

I started my (Vista) computer this  morning and found PT reporting that it's enabled, but when the Configure screen is opened, PT reports that the Tamer Tray is "Not Running" and no processes are listed in the Processes window.

Rebooting didn't solve the problem.

If PT would work, I'm sure it would help solve the lockup (100% cpu usage for 5-15 minutes) I experience at every boot up.  Likely caused by Webroot's Spy Sweeper and Novatix's Cyberhawk fighting over who's going to protect the computer, with maybe Iolo's Personal Firewall getting into it, too.

Joe35

Grorgy:
OOhhh Cyberhawk, i had that installed for a day or 2, caused so many problems, particularly i found when trying to run java applets, they wouldnt work properly at all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version