ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

About Rudeness in Forums

<< < (5/7) > >>

Darwin:
Hmm... this thread is heating up nicely - not quite sure if qualifies as rude, but it is getting heated.

Lashiec:
I think I'll go with "Monthly". Once in a while we get some heated discussions, considering how things go around here, but that one that f0dder linked is the only one I saw mouser closed for going too far.

Examples of somewhat rude threads would be the one that Darwin mentions, that other one that was spawned in the Opera 9.5 thread, with zealotry accusations and everything, and the one about the Mac, hehe, that one was quite the show. In every other forum, people would be trolling in those threads, derailing then to the point of making the original topic or question irrelevant.

Like, for example, if someone asked about an antivirus, people started to recommend switching to the Mac or Linux. Or complaining about an app they never tried. But those are the less rude situations.

Then again, like everyone says, this is a very nice place, considering some of the other forums I hang around, one being really mean sometimes. I have to say that is mostly frequented by teenagers, and their "Living Room" is particularly hilarious, because of the naiveness of some people. Anyway, people is always meaner in the Internet than in real life.

Darwin:
Ha, ha - I'd forgotten about the Mac threads. Fodder kindly pointed to the single really heated thread that I can remember in over two years of visting the boards. That's the reason I voted "rarely" instead of never.

Daleus:
LOL,

When I saw the link to this thread in the newsletter, I followed it immediately wondering who I would have to blacklist for being rude!

That might be rudeness on it's own, but as many have said before, I've never seen a rude post.  Granted DC is huge and very busy and I am relatively new and have not yet plumbed all of the depths of DC, but one of the reasons I even decided to sign up was the consistently helpful attitude that pervades the whole place.

Funnily, I started using a product I first heard of here, but when I asked a question on that product's support board, I got beat with the "condescending and rude" stick by the first responder.  I still will use the product, but I'll never go back to their support boards again.  I get better answers to my questions here at DC anyway!

Keep up the swell work folks!

Jammo the OrganizedFellow:
Aside from my previous #1 Favorite Forum (http://www.sr20forum.com/), which WAS my favorite, till I sold my SE-R.

Then there's always http://expressionengine.com/forums/, where I spend the rest of my time.

But DonationCoder has quickly climbed to the top. In terms of friendliness and usefulness.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version