ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Amazon's Kindle eBook Reader

<< < (5/7) > >>

Grorgy:
I doubt it works in the bath
--- End quote ---
Maybe not but soggy books are a bit difficult to lol

Lashiec:
Anyone who's tried reading a 4 kg programming manual in bed knows the advantage of having an electronic copy on a portable device.
-nosh (November 23, 2007, 01:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Indeed. And big books break easier than smaller ones. Ask my copy of "Sophie's World", its spine is totally bent.

A touchscreen would easily clear away most of the problems of modern readers compared to books.

Nod5:
I can also see many advantages with this. First, given some thin, additional protective housing (think camera housing for underwater usage) it might even work in water! What a dream - being able to freely combine two of the most worthwile human activities: reading and bathing! ;D

I general, I think the greatest market for this at the moment would be for academics and others to replace their reading of PDF journal articles on their regular computer screen or printing PDF articles on paper to read. For that, there's no need for DRM handling, an ebookstore or wireless connection. It just needs to display PDF files as good, easily and cheaply as possible.

Carol Haynes:
Another review with some pros and cons (and a few more details of the product) at http://www.webware.com/8301-1_109-9820070-2.html?tag=nl.e776

mouser:
I think i'll wait for the next generation, but i love that amazon is reviving and advanced the ebook device status quo.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version