topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 10:30 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Change Version Info Via Command Line Application  (Read 3560 times)

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Change Version Info Via Command Line Application
« on: November 18, 2007, 08:16 AM »
I want to be able to change the version info in an EXE via a batch file. I will be using this with games I build using Torque Game Builder, but this could also be used for any application that has an unchanging master EXE but datafiles that change. For example levels in a FPS. Each time I change the datafiles and rebundle that game, I want to change the version number of the EXE so when somebody views the version info of the EXE , it corresponds to the version number of the game.

I have plenty of GUI based tools to do this, but I want to be able to do this in a script so I can automate the process.

This is for Windows applications.

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Change Version Info Via Command Line Application
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 09:15 AM »
I've been meaning to build something similar myself, since it's too tedious manually changing "build number" in the resource.rc file (and no, Visual Studio doesn't do this automatically for native apps, grmbl).

Remind me in a few days :)
- carpe noctem