ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > fSekrit

Run fSekrit from CD

<< < (3/4) > >>

f0dder:
Hmm, BartPE doesn't set %TEMP%?

Shouldn't matter wrt. SaveAs from a blank note, though, since %TEMP% is only used when a note with embedded data is opened.

I assume B:\ is the RAM drive. From the FileMon log, it seems like the file is copied okay, but opening for write (to append the note data) fails. Weird! Does the BartPE boot CD have any (always-running automagic) antivirus stuff running?

Heh, googling for "ACCESS DENIED" "NT_AUTHORITY\SYSTEM" shows that this forum thread is already indexed ;)

f0dder:
Could it be that during a save when it saves the basecode of fsekrit if the base code is readonly - it will copy as a read only file and then when you try to append the data it will fail because it can't append to a readonly file?
-Carol Haynes (November 17, 2007, 06:42 PM)
--- End quote ---
I think you're spot on the sugar, baby!

fSekrit uses the windows FileCopy API - it probably copies over the file attributes verbatim, which means the open-for-write after copying the base executable fails. Guess I should clear the file attributes... and obviously, not having write access to a file is different from the file having +R attribute.

jfsfgdfg:
Carol - that may be it.  I forgot to mention earlier that the file is created on the RAM drive (without the  new data).  And based on the FileMon data line 3153 seems to be saying the newly created file is R/O.  So when the data append does come it abends.

f0dder:
There, quick and easy fix after isolating the problem...

Thanks for the bug report, jfsfgdfg (gosh, that's a nickname I won't be able to memorize :) ), and thanks for pointing out the bug to my slow brain, Carol :)

Try the attached beta build and see if it fixes your problems. Don't mention the file naming, I think I need to catch some sleep... if it works out, I'll see if I can get a proper beta version (ie, readme.txt and all that) uploaded tomorrow. Been slacking off wrt. fSekrit for far too long now!

jfsfgdfg:
Bingo!!!  That did it.

Thanks!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version