ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

EverNote - Free today at GAOTD

<< < (5/7) > >>

masu:
thanks for the hint  :Thmbsup:

Crush:
Evernotes seems to activate using this Link in your Browser: http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/evernote/?activate (I hope)

Till now I didnĀ“t see clear what is stored this way. Perhaps nothing? It could be one of these two cookies or the certification file... In EverNotes itself I cannot find a damn hint if it is now registered or not - and the time is ticking. How can I see if my installation is now registered or not?!?!?!

Darwin:
Evernote doesn't provide any visual clue that it has been activated or that it's running in Plus mode. I *think* that the free version says that it is free in the about page, but am not sure. I've been running it for so long I no longer remember.

RE: activation, the activate.exe file actually "phones home" to GATD and returns information that is written to your registry. This must be done during the 24 hour giveaway period. The information written to your registry unlocks the software/provides the licence key for the software.

edbro:
RE: activation, the activate.exe file actually "phones home" to GATD and returns information that is written to your registry. This must be done during the 24 hour giveaway period. The information written to your registry unlocks the software/provides the licence key for the software.
-Darwin (November 15, 2007, 03:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not so sure. I have a full version so I haven't tried this giveaway version. But, for the full version I own, there are no reg codes. It is simply a full version executable that is delivered to us. Also, on another website, somebody wrote the following:
This is correct, I unzipped the setup file with a note from GFOTD after unzipping and checking with the GFOTD website it unpacked a new setup file, I copied the new setup file to a flash drive and installed on two other computers, ( no badgering, or demo warnings, checked the about file under help, seemed to be active. )
--- End quote ---

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/messageview.php?catid=18&threadid=781262&start=31

Darwin:
OK - I suppose that exactly what the activate.exe file does varies to suit the style of registratoin that the s/w authors use. In Evernote's case the installer has likely been modified so that it will NOT run in the absence of whatever it is that activate.exe writes to the registry. Anyway, you can tell what activate.exe does by running an app like Total Uninstall or Ashampoo Uninstaller before and after you run it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version