ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How to open a 700MB picture?

<< < (3/4) > >>

f0dder:
Now that's HUGE. And using Photoshop... god damn, he used Google's servers or something :o

I'll keep the "small" one though, it makes a beautiful wallpaper. I'm downloading the other one to see what happens (almost 2 hours to finish).
-Lashiec (November 15, 2007, 01:12 PM)
--- End quote ---
Where do you download the image though? :-s

tomos:
DONE! XnView opened it in mere seconds, and I have it loaded right now. Of course, memory usage is high, almost 1 GB for the program alone, but no problems viewing the picture. I can zoom the picture around, but it requires some time.

Check out the resolution: 22620x15200, and created on Photoshop CS2 with a Macintosh. I suppose it's one of those high end workstations Apple was selling, with 8 cores and 8 GB of RAM.
-Lashiec (November 15, 2007, 03:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

ehh, getting confused now - which pic is this then Lashiec ? :tellme:

Lashiec:
And it even tells you what kind of machine they used to make the image? Interesting.
-icekin (November 15, 2007, 05:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yup, it's embedded in the EXIF information of the image. Most programs will show you this, including Windows in the second page in "Properties" of the file, and click "Advanced view" (or whatever is called that in English Windows). BTW, Windows' Picture Viewer can open the photo as well, but it takes around 30 seconds, because it does some resizing to accommodate the picture to my monitor resolution.

Oh, guys, I drove you nuts ;D. The picture I downloaded and opened is the one that icekin mentioned. You can't get the other one though, but you can take a closer look to it

tomos:
Oh, guys, I drove you nuts ;D. The picture I downloaded and opened is the one that icekin mentioned. You can't get the other one though, but you can take [url=http://www.bertmonroy.com/fineart/text/fineart_damen.htm]a closer look to it
-Lashiec (November 16, 2007, 08:19 AM)
--- End quote ---
You done did  >:( :P :D

"• It took eleven months (close to 2,000 hours) to create."

was he unemployed I wonder or did someone pay for that ?!
Jeez I'd go mad..

But the details are beautiful

Curt:
Talk about large images... "The Last Supper", by Michelangeleo is 16 GB pixels
= 172.181 x 93.611 pixels (easy now, this is not a direct link...): http://www.haltadefinizione.com/en/cenacolo/index.asp

THE LAST SUPPER IN DETAIL
- by HAL9000 !!!The Last Supper

Painted by: Leonardo da Vinci

Where? Milan, refectory of the Santa Maria delle Grazie convent

When? From 1494 to 1498 Size: 460 x 880 cm (181 x 346 in)

Technique: Tempera with oils on white lead and calcium carbonate

The Image:

Size: 16.118.035.591 pixel (172181 x 93611)

Color depth: 16 bit per channel

Shots: May, 7 - 2007

Number of shots: 1677

Computing: CPU: 2 Two Quad Core AMD Opteron™ processors
16 Gigabyte RAM memory, 2 Terabyte hard disk space

Photographic Equipment: Camera: "Nikon D2Xs"

Lens: "AF-S Nikkor 600mm f/4D IF-ED II"

Real time acquisition Software: Nikon Camera Control Pro

Postprocessing and real time verification software: Nikon Capture NX

Pointing Device: Motorized

Panoramic Head: CLAUSS Rodeon VR

Notes: Great care has been adopted in the Last Supper illumination during shooting. Lighting system has been tested and validated in the Photometric Laboratory of the Istituto Centrale per il Restauro not to damage the painting

--- End quote ---

- and as "small" poster: http://shop.haltadefinizione.com/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version