ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How to open a 700MB picture?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Lashiec:
Once you are done with this huge file, you can start with the one below mentioned by Ashley at CyberNet News:

Damen  - a painting of a Chicago scene first unveiled at Photoshop World in March of 2006.  Using Adobe Illustrator to create some of the basic shapes, digital photo artist Bert Monroy using Photoshop to create the rest. The flattened file weights 1.7 Gigabytes and took over 2,000 hours to create.

--- End quote ---

Now that's HUGE. And using Photoshop... god damn, he used Google's servers or something :o

I'll keep the "small" one though, it makes a beautiful wallpaper. I'm downloading the other one to see what happens (almost 2 hours to finish).

jgpaiva:
I'll keep the "small" one though, it makes a beautiful wallpaper.
-Lashiec (November 15, 2007, 01:12 PM)
--- End quote ---
Eheh... What a coincidence, that was the first thing i did when i opened that smaller one ;)

p3lb0x:
Hah! Me too

Lashiec:
DONE! XnView opened it in mere seconds, and I have it loaded right now. Of course, memory usage is high, almost 1 GB for the program alone, but no problems viewing the picture. I can zoom the picture around, but it requires some time.

Check out the resolution: 22620x15200, and created on Photoshop CS2 with a Macintosh. I suppose it's one of those high end workstations Apple was selling, with 8 cores and 8 GB of RAM.

icekin:
Check out the resolution: 22620x15200, and created on Photoshop CS2 with a Macintosh. I suppose it's one of those high end workstations Apple was selling, with 8 cores and 8 GB of RAM.
-Lashiec (November 15, 2007, 03:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

Neat, so XnView wins so far. And it even tells you what kind of machine they used to make the image? Interesting. Maybe I should give that program another look. I still use Windows Picture and Fax viewer and have IrfanView as a backup.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version