ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: a Profile-able Workdesk Desktop

<< < (4/4)

mouser:
I'm starting to warm up to this idea, as distinct from a virtual desktop tool.
A virtual desktop tool (like virtuawin, which i like), is nice for running multiple programs on different virtual desktops, etc.

As I see this request, it's more of an occasional switching between modes of working.  So when you switch you want different icons, wallpaper, etc.  It's not about running multiple programs on dif desktops, just about setting up different desktop environments suited for different modes of working.

tomos:
As I see this request, it's more of an occasional switching between modes of working.  So when you switch you want different icons, wallpaper, etc.  It's not about running multiple programs on dif desktops, just about setting up different desktop environments suited for different modes of working.-mouser (December 14, 2007, 04:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

go go go :D

seriously though,
I think it's a great idea for those of us who dont want to go to the virtual desktops extreme (okay it's not that extreme but if you dont want/need all that capability..)

psionics:
I'm starting to warm up to this idea, as distinct from a virtual desktop tool.
A virtual desktop tool (like virtuawin, which i like), is nice for running multiple programs on different virtual desktops, etc.

As I see this request, it's more of an occasional switching between modes of working.  So when you switch you want different icons, wallpaper, etc.  It's not about running multiple programs on dif desktops, just about setting up different desktop environments suited for different modes of working.
-mouser (December 14, 2007, 04:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

that is very true sir mouser. The idea behind it is that desktop is a very accessible area for multi-tasking work. if the desktop environment can change modes, it would be easier to work with files/folders and apps shortcuts by its modes.

psionics:
after another years, this might have solved the problem

DesktopHomes:
http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/85868-desktophomes-change-desktop-locations-and-icons/

:up:

after 2 years  :( help.. even Ave's extra desktop doesn't work anymore

ok. I found a very similar software I really need:

http://chihiro718.jpn.org/ENG/software.html

* its saves the current icon layout of each desktop folder you assigned  :Thmbsup:
* the vista version - is the only one with desktop folder switcher  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version