ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The best RSS reader?

<< < (2/5) > >>

rjbull:
I just find it easier to visit websites. [...] What I really want is :-

- get the entire article and keep a copy offline. If the article is not available in the feed then it should cache the web page with all images etc
-MrCrispy (November 14, 2007, 04:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

You might try combining Martin Aignesberger's http://www.aignes.com/products.htm Website-Watcher (which can operate as an RSS reader) and his Local Website Archive.

Josh:
Thread necromancy powers, ACTIVATE!

I have to ask, in the modern day, what are a few of the currently more popular RSS readers for the desktop which might also sync to Google Reader?

Darwin:
I'm using FeedDemon Pro 4 - it's excellent. I know people were P.O.'d at Nick (Bradbury, the developer) for charging for the upgrade from 3 to 4, even for those of us who had existing paid licenses for v.1.x or 2.x, but he explained himself and his situation well, I thought. Given that my first paid license was courtesy of having bought an original Newsgator license before Newsgator brought Nick on board, I didn't mind paying the upgrade fee, having enjoyed two full version cycles gratis.

EDIT: PS FeedDemon syncs fine with Google

johnk:
+1 for FeedDemon. I see you've tried it. What was missing? It does have a "prefetch items for offline reading" option.

Jibz:
I am using FeedDemon as well. As much as I object to the license roller coaster it has been through, it is one of the best readers I have tried.

Some years ago the adds the free version shows would have made me run away screaming, but today I am not really that bothered by it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version