ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Money Management Software

(1/4) > >>

arunpawar:
Hi
I'm looking for software to keep eye on my expenses.I've signed up for online money management site mint.com for the same.But they need your bank account or credit card to be added to keep eye on this.In reality we do spend in cash so i need software to look after these.I just want to keep eye on my spending and want to comapre for the future savings what can i do?

What i want:
1.Spending calculation
2.Future expenditure
3.Savings calculation
4.Total cost

is there any software that does the same?

J-Mac:
Hi Arun.

I only know of the two major personal finance packages - Microsoft Money and Intuit's Quicken.  I have used Quicken for about 8 or 9 years, but I'm not certain I feel comfortable recommending it - particularly for the future savings part.  Both of these have grown - or regressed, depending on how you look at them - into what a lot of users are calling "dumbed down" applications.  They are both OK for tracking your checkbooks, comparing income and expenses, and tracking your bank account activity automatically.  But they also both default to putting all your finances online - ostensibly so you can access your stuff from anywhere.  I have no desire to access my finances anywhere!  It's tough enough to sit at your own PC and work on your finances.

I'll post back with links to these programs and their user forums - at least you can read about them and see what their users are saying.  But if I can find a better solution I'd jump in a minute!

Jim

brett:
Quickbooks for Free

http://quickbooks.intuit.com/product/accounting-software/free-accounting-software.jhtml

I use MYOB myself, so I have no idea if this is bad/good/great.

The link was posted somewhere the other day, i just bookmarked it.

Brett

Grorgy:
A free alternative, which looks pretty good, tho i havent actually used it yet, (and its portable) http://www.thezeal.com/software/index.php?Money_Manager_Ex  probably doesnt have all the features of some of the commercial software but its free, doesnt want you to put information on line or anything silly like that.  Worth a look at any rate

LM7:
Adarian Money (for both Windows and Palm) and AceMoney (also has a lite version for free) - both fine programs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version