ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

iPhone in White

<< < (2/2)

worstje:
That Sony ad was totally not racist in my eyes. At least, that is assuming people felt offended that the negroid man was in a 'submissive'/'lesser' sort of meaning. In my eyes, it is clearly art and no such meaning should be seen in it.

However, if white people felt offended the woman looks like a total crack girl from the streets who sells her body for a coin, then I am tempted to agree, and say it is pure racism against white people. God forbid a white girl would EVER do such a thing!

(Yes, this is all satire. Everyone can take offense to that ad, and all it shows is that they are narrowminded idiots who feel far too insecure about their place in the world. Half the stuff in our museums would not exist if people like them had a say over things, and in that regard, I pity the future generations who will consider these years amongst the dullest years their museum has works of.)

Renegade:
Yes, this is all satire. Everyone can take offense to that ad, and all it shows is that they are narrowminded idiots who feel far too insecure about their place in the world.
-worstje (April 28, 2011, 06:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

+1

If you showed that to a kindergarten class, they'd never see any racism. They just haven't learned it yet.

People project their own "issues" onto things. What they say about something often says just as much about themselves.

In cases like this, it's rather sad.

Still, Sony should have known better (that people would take offense), and should have done the ad in a better way.

Stoic Joker:
Yes, this is all satire. Everyone can take offense to that ad, and all it shows is that they are narrowminded idiots who feel far too insecure about their place in the world.
-worstje (April 28, 2011, 06:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

+1

If you showed that to a kindergarten class, they'd never see any racism. They just haven't learned it yet.

People project their own "issues" onto things. What they say about something often says just as much about themselves.

In cases like this, it's rather sad.-Renegade (April 28, 2011, 07:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

+1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version