topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 9:48 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: iPhone in White  (Read 4630 times)

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
iPhone in White
« on: April 28, 2011, 03:18 AM »
Ok, this just kills me... Almost a year to get "white" right. Like how dumb is that?

Screenshot - 2011-04-28 , 6_13_48 PM.pngiPhone in White

And they can't even get a menu working properly on their site either... Sigh...

I do wonder though if it isn't some experiment to find out just how sycophantic and moronic people are, by launching something as idiotic as a different color a year late, then seeing if people buy it and "upgrade" from black to white.

I'd bet that there are people that will do it. I just wonder how many, and was it all intentional on Apple's part. Seriously. A year to get "white" right? Nobody is that stupid or incompetent. It simply can't be an accident...
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: iPhone in White
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 03:37 AM »
"Apple, we took a year to get white right."

Now that sounds exactly like the kind of marketing they'd use - and it is exactly the kind of thing Apple-Drones want to hear.

"Apple is so meticulous, it took them a year just to get "white right", boy, I am so glad they got it right. The did it just for me because they really care and know how important Aesthetics is to me. Thank you Apple. Thank you." - apple-drone now weeps with joy knowing s/he is truly one of the chosen ones.

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 04:28 AM »
Meh.

Apple's not the first company to initially offer only a single color choice and then about a year later start offering other colors. It's annoying (for early adopters who would have preferred a different color) but not exclusive to Apple.

That said, nudone is probably right.

Now that sounds exactly like the kind of marketing they'd use - and it is exactly the kind of thing Apple-Drones want to hear.

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 04:41 AM »
Meh.

Apple's not the first company to initially offer only a single color choice and then about a year later start offering other colors. It's annoying (for early adopters who would have preferred a different color) but not exclusive to Apple.

The thing is that it's late. It's not a new introduction. The ran into "production" difficulties. It would be different if it were a new color intro, but it's not. It's a late color retro. :)

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 06:12 PM »

Unlike Sony, who got it wrong and ended up having to pull their ad campaign after a number of people thought it was racist.

sony_ad.jpg

I guess creating a white product isn't as easy as one might initially think.

worstje

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • The Gent with the White Hat
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 06:25 PM »
That Sony ad was totally not racist in my eyes. At least, that is assuming people felt offended that the negroid man was in a 'submissive'/'lesser' sort of meaning. In my eyes, it is clearly art and no such meaning should be seen in it.

However, if white people felt offended the woman looks like a total crack girl from the streets who sells her body for a coin, then I am tempted to agree, and say it is pure racism against white people. God forbid a white girl would EVER do such a thing!

(Yes, this is all satire. Everyone can take offense to that ad, and all it shows is that they are narrowminded idiots who feel far too insecure about their place in the world. Half the stuff in our museums would not exist if people like them had a say over things, and in that regard, I pity the future generations who will consider these years amongst the dullest years their museum has works of.)

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 07:46 PM »
Yes, this is all satire. Everyone can take offense to that ad, and all it shows is that they are narrowminded idiots who feel far too insecure about their place in the world.

+1

If you showed that to a kindergarten class, they'd never see any racism. They just haven't learned it yet.

People project their own "issues" onto things. What they say about something often says just as much about themselves.

In cases like this, it's rather sad.

Still, Sony should have known better (that people would take offense), and should have done the ad in a better way.

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 10:11 PM »
Yes, this is all satire. Everyone can take offense to that ad, and all it shows is that they are narrowminded idiots who feel far too insecure about their place in the world.

+1

If you showed that to a kindergarten class, they'd never see any racism. They just haven't learned it yet.

People project their own "issues" onto things. What they say about something often says just as much about themselves.

In cases like this, it's rather sad.

+1