ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Searching for the best read-aloud software

<< < (5/10) > >>

DocSavage:
I looked at the links. Thanks. It looks like most small programers are reselling AT&T voices. I suppose they would have a good quality. I will be ordering new voices later today.
Thanks again.
dk

BigJim:
DocSavage: IMHO NeoSpeach voices are a bit better than AT&T. I have them both.

Curt:
Also check out (SAPI 5 voices): Cepstral, Acapella, Loquendo, RealSpeak, Voiceware and eSpeak.

TomColvin:
I've been using TextAloud for several years, very happy with it.

A couple years ago, I came across two voices that I lost in a computer crash -- two English schoolboys of different ages, one named, as I recall, Sean, both very good and free.  I've tried to find them again and have had no luck.  Does anyone know anything about these voices?

Jock SNow:
As far as TextAloud is concerned, the best AT&Tvoice is without doubt the English Accent version of Audrey.   It's very easy to assume if you're a USA citazen that the natural choice should be a voice accent from your own country, but quite honestly, I'm Scottish and there isn't a good Scottish Voice accent available.   I genuinely recommend anyone to try Audrey as it is both very pleasant to listen to, easy to understand and it sounds more akin to listening to someone with an english speaking accent on the phone rather than most other voices which still seem to have a trace of the alien about them.

Preconceived ideas are nothing more than old ideas, and if we are to embrace change, we need to learn to give time, time; that is; time for time to work. Change seems to one of those things that the vast majority of people are naturally resistant to, yet when we become conscious that the more we embrace change, the more our lives become enriched.  My motto is, don't look for the differences, look for the similarities between us and change becomes much less threatening.  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version