ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Compare File Properties

(1/5) > >>

skywalka:
When I want to compare the properties of 2 files I must rightclick one file & select properties.  A dialog is opened but this is not listed on the task bar so when I do the same thing to the second file I lose the first dialog.  I have to minimise Windows Explorer to find the first dialog & then position the 2 dialogs for comparison.

In a perfect world I would be able to select multiple files & rightclick one to select "Compare Files" from the context menu.  A window (that is not loseable) would open that lists the properties of the files for easy comparison.  I work with a lot of multimedia files so I'd love to see things like "track duration" & "bit rate" etc in addition to standard properties.

Thanx 4 looking.

mouser:
this is kind of a cool idea, though if you are talking always about audio file properties, then surely the best way is to not right clic on properties at all but use an mp3 tag program (like the free one posted by nighted in the user mini-review section), or a file explorer that shows audio file properties in the file explorer iteself and doesnt need you to right click.

skywalka:
The audio properties aren't the main reason I thought this would be usefull.  Windows Explorer displays audio properties in details view so I didn't think it would be hard to implement.  I use the thumbnail view in Windows Explorer though so I don't get to see any properties at all.  I haven't come across an alternative file explorer that can handle thumbnails as well as Windows Explorer.

skrommel:
ShowDialogsToo - Shows dialog boxes on the task bar.

Feautures:
- Enable or disable by doubleclicking the task icon.

You'll find the downloads and more info at Skrommel Software.

It's not quite what you asked for, but ShowDialogsToo at least makes it easier to switch between file property windows.

I couldn't catch the windows before they were created, so to make it work, I had to hide and show the windows as they were found, which causes a flicker.

Skrommel

mouser:
now that is a damn clever idea!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version