ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

File synchronization: moving away from incremental backup (HELP!)

<< < (9/13) > >>

MrCrispy:
I can't tell for sure from the MirrorFolder site, but it seems that it does not support bidirectional sync. Is this correct? This is a very important feature as the primary use for me would be to keep my files synchronized across all of my pc's, andhaving them in sync automatically means they are backed up in multiple locations as well.

f0dder:
Not sure if it does - and I don't think it's the point of the application anyway (I can see how it would fit with the name, though :-\ ).The filter-driver mirroring method is darn useful though, and I haven't seen it in other apps...

4wd:
I can't tell for sure from the MirrorFolder site, but it seems that it does not support bidirectional sync. Is this correct? This is a very important feature as the primary use for me would be to keep my files synchronized across all of my pc's, andhaving them in sync automatically means they are backed up in multiple locations as well.
-MrCrispy (September 30, 2008, 01:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

From their website:
Synchronization between laptop and desktop computers - You can use MirrorFolder to synchronize files between your laptop and desktop computers using bi-directional automatic synchronization mode.

--- End quote ---

f0dder:
4wd: I was thinking specifically about the mirror-driver automatic syncing mode, I can see a lot of potential for that behaving... interestingly... on bi-directional sync :)

MrCrispy:
I'm going to have to try this out. I like SFFS because it also handles file moves and is very configurable (maybe too much). If MirrorFolder can match its sync abilities and is faster then I might switch.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version