ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Paint Shop Pro X2 - installation from hell ...

<< < (3/7) > >>

Darwin:
A tax on stupidy? No, actually I ran the trial for a while and it worked well so I upgraded (with the Canadian dollar so strong it was very cheap). The worst thing about all of the Xx releases is the anti-piracy crap that they install (though there are workarounds for it...). I probably *shouldn't* have parted with any cash for X2 but I am not sorry that I did (yet - talk to me after the first patch is released).

CWuestefeld:
I'm a long-time PSP user, and currently at XI version. Can you tell me what's in X2 to make it worth upgrading?

Darwin:
For me it's the startup and operational speed. Also seems more stable and less resource hungry. However, if you are happy with X1 (ie your system specs are such that you aren't noticeably inconvenienced by the resource problems) you're probably not going to gain much by upgrading.

Here's a list of the new features (I have the graphite theme turned off).

CWuestefeld:
For me it's the startup and operational speed. -Darwin (November 06, 2007, 11:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmm. While the operational speed is fine on my system, the startup speed seems interminable.

The HDR merge thing looks cool. Unfortunately, my current camera doesn't do bracketing shots, so I can't really use it. :(

Are the "makeover" tools worthwhile?

Darwin:
I don't know what to say about the makeover tools - I don't really use them so fired up PSP X2 and opened up a piccie of myself and applied them all. It was pretty quick and dirty but the results were good - I managed to "thinify" myself (always a good thing), whiten my teeth and give myself a suntan...

Before:

After:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version