ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Technology Myths

<< < (7/10) > >>

Deozaan:
I don't understand how a keyboard could be superior to any other for gaming, as long as they all work properly. I'm pretty sure my WASD keys work just as well as any other keyboard out there.

Mouse precision also isn't that big of a deal. Do you really need 5,000,000 dpi accuracy to snipe?

I think the determining factors for this particular example are how fast the system runs the game and the internet connection speed. Low latency is probably the greatest factor in accuracy, since being lagged can mean you're aiming at someone or something that's not in that position anymore.

Just on our Counterstrike server I've had problems of adjusting my aim quickly and when I pull the trigger the bullet hole ends up where I was aiming half a second ago because of latency. Even if perhaps that headshot wasn't perfectly aimed (ie, not a headshot) it still should have been very close to the head, on the brick wall behind the person I was aiming at, instead of at the ground or the sky.

p3lb0x:
The mouse is one of the few wireless mouses I like and the keyboard doesn't fux up when you try to press more than 3 buttons at the same time. But i wouldnt pay 750% the price of a normal keyboard+mouse for those 2 things. So if you compare prices and look at how "good" they are compared to that, then your right!

Lashiec:
North Korean soldiers can't complain about my accuracy in Crysis ;D (and the game doesn't provide a sniper rifle :P)

p3lb0x:
Theres the Precision rifle with sniper scope, id call that a sniper rifle

Deozaan:
I don't understand how a keyboard could be superior to any other for gaming, as long as they all work properly. I'm pretty sure my WASD keys work just as well as any other keyboard out there.
-Deozaan (November 10, 2007, 05:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Okay I just thought of a superior keyboard idea for gaming. A Keyboard without the stupid Windows Icon button!!!!1 I don't know how many times I hit that thing in the middle of a game while trying to press Ctrl or Alt and it sends me back to my desktop. :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version