ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

To wide-screen or not to wide-screen

<< < (19/19)

Deozaan:
I still don't really get widescreen. After all, 4:3 is still widescreen. It's just not as wide as widescreen. But most of the time I need more vertical space so I don't have to scroll up and down so much. But having dual monitors sure is great, so I suppose a big widescreen monitor with a large resolution and Windows 7's feature that makes apps fill half the screen (or jgpaiva's GridMove) would be essentially the same thing.

f0dder:
But having dual monitors sure is great, so I suppose a big widescreen monitor with a large resolution and Windows 7's feature that makes apps fill half the screen (or jgpaiva's GridMove) would be essentially the same thing.
-Deozaan (January 07, 2010, 05:29 PM)
--- End quote ---
Far from it! Win7 or GridMove/similarapps have some of the advantages, but doesn't go all the way... one pretty great thing about dual-monitor setups is being able to play a game on one monitor, and have other stuff (like instant messaging and mail) running on the other :)

lanux128:
well, I've finally gone widescreen (& flatscreen lol) - just yesterday so still adjusting-tomos (January 06, 2010, 01:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

congrats on the change.. don't worry, after a while you won't miss your 4:3 that much.. :)

Lashiec:
Damn widescreen domination! *shakes fist*

mouser:
I don't really care about widescreen, but i think cranioscopical got it right -- as long as you don't give up vertical resolution, it's fine.  so for me i have 1600x1200 monitors which are non-widescreen, and then i have one 1920x1200 monitor which is widescreeen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version