ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

To wide-screen or not to wide-screen

<< < (17/19) > >>

lanux128:
Heh, heh - I intentionally didn't clarify what a Loonie is when I posted - well spotted Tomos!-Darwin (November 20, 2007, 12:44 PM)
--- End quote ---
hehe.. cool name! i thought i was missing something..

Cecebee:
Wide screen for sure!  Once you use one you will never go back to older models.

normeus:
LG L1933TR     1280 x 1024  BEAUTIFUL SCREEN
it is a 19'' screen I've had it for 8 months. I dont do gaming but for programming it is the best. Text is sharp and bright.

It does not come with dvi cable.(or maybe It does I dont remember)
Sorry Im not good at reviews but for sure if I had the money I would have two of these and that would be my widescreen.

(really I dont have a single game to try this monitor with but movies look good!)

iphigenie:
I recently got a really nice asus 20" widescreen and it is really a pleasure to use. There were 22" quite a bit cheaper but this monitor is just awesome - great screen, every possible connector in the universe (probably not but still...), nice space saving foot... they dont do this model in 22" or 24" yet but i hope they do

I dont think I would want too big a screen, first they get me dizzy in games but also the resolution seems to be the same as you go from 20 to 22 to 24!!! just bigger dots, it looks worse, so what's the point?

I dont understand why they can make 15" monitors with 1900x1620 (or is it 1920x1600? something like that) on laptops but you cannot get a 19" even with 1600x...

Although I have been starting to see more and more people and reviewers say this kind of thing, so thankfully it might happen.

I dont have space for 3 large monitors, but I could have space for several small ones and if the res is high it is a lot of information on screen...

dlagesse1992:
I think it is all in what you like and have tried/are used to. I have used both, and find that both have strong points. for a large monitor, i would probably go widescreen; I watch movies.

As for USB ports, etc... they seem unnecessary. Almost all computers have some ports in the front that are easy to access. Money for little benefit.

Just my 2 cents.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version