ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

To wide-screen or not to wide-screen

<< < (4/19) > >>

mouser:
My rule of thumb is avoid all combo-accessories (usb hubs, speakers, etc.) they tend to break or be sub-par or become obsolete and then it's annoying to have them attached to the main device.

Deozaan:
i also checked out the DVI part and from the table i saw in the specs part (pic), i guess i'm covered here..
Source: http://www.samsung.com/ca/products/monitor/lcd_digital/ls19mewsfxaa.asp?page=Specifications
-lanux128 (November 05, 2007, 06:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Be sure to notice that that monitor doesn't come with a DVI cable to connect your monitor to your PC! Just a VGA (D-Sub) cable.

lanux128:
i also checked out the DVI part and from the table i saw in the specs part (pic), i guess i'm covered here..
Source: http://www.samsung.com/ca/products/monitor/lcd_digital/ls19mewsfxaa.asp?page=Specifications
-lanux128 (November 05, 2007, 06:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Be sure to notice that that monitor doesn't come with a DVI cable to connect your monitor to your PC! Just a VGA (D-Sub) cable.
-Deozaan (November 05, 2007, 07:57 PM)
--- End quote ---
in that case, will a DVI-VGA adapter work?

RobC:
This touches on something that has severely annoyed me.
I believe a law should be passed (or the equivalent to enforce this in the manufacturing and retailing of LCD Monitors)
They are confusing/fooling a lot of people, by being allowed to call a model say a 21" wide screen, when in reality it probably is the equivalent height of a 18" (4/3) model (I don't have one to measure, but you get the idea)

They should be forced to call that model an 18" wide screen

Imagine the number of people who have been fooled when purchasing laptops.

RobC:
PS
If anyone is not convinced, imagine if theatres are built to show a new format called Super Wide, which is twice as wide as we have now.

When they built LCD monitors and laptops to cater for those, will they be allowed to call them 42" Super Wide  ?
When their height might be 5"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version