ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

A rant about how I finally ditched iTunes... :D

<< < (2/6) > >>

Darwin:
Will Zune work with WMP 11, or is that the Zune software? If it doesn't work with WMP 11 that's pretty amazing considering WMP is quite good at recognising other mp3 players...

CWuestefeld:
Will Zune work with WMP 11-Darwin (November 05, 2007, 08:43 PM)
--- End quote ---
Nope. Believe it or not, Microsoft's own device is incompatible with their flagship media player. What's more, it's incompatible with the DRM on stuff that may have been purchased through MSN.

So I use MediaMonkey as my player and music library on the PC, and the Zune software, weighting in at over 600MB RAM, is nothing but an obese synchronization utility.

Darwin:
That's insane!

CWuestefeld:
That's insane!
-Darwin (November 06, 2007, 07:56 AM)
--- End quote ---
It sure is.  :down:

Note that I love the Zune device itself. It beats the pants off the RCA Lyra that I replaced, or the no-name prior to that. But the PC software seems to focus more on constraining the user from getting into trouble, than from enabling his to work as he likes. (Much like the philosophy of Vista, I'm given to understand).

Darwin:
This sounds eerily reminiscent of the Samsung software I recently banished from my system. It wasn't (such) a resource hog, but the DRM crap it installed was, well, insane! I hope this DRM stuff gets sorted out soon, because right now the paranoia is leading to the release of INCREDIBLY hostile (to the end-user) solutions  :down:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version