ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

A rant about how I finally ditched iTunes... :D

<< < (3/6) > >>

Ralf Maximus:
Gah.  I can't wait for the RIAA/MPAA to settle down and accept that the world has changed.  Once that happens and pressure comes off vendors, we'll have interoperability between all formats.  And it *is* inevitable -- look at cassette tapes, HD radio, VCRs... every new technology causes this spasm of fear in them that eventually fades.  No, the world is not ending -- just changing.  Deal.

The entermainment media industry is just now starting to realize DRM sucks, and once they fully embrace a new business model the revolution WILL be televised.

Lashiec:
By the way, Zune is no different than the new iPods.

The funny thing about DRM is the guys who got the most out of it are the ones which now are trying to get rid of DRM. And well, Amazon, which is doing even more for this than Apple. Unless we rid of the ultimate DRM and sandbox combination iPod + iTunes (for that I suppose we should brainwash people again :P), this is not going anywhere.

So, everybody, go out to buy Sansa and Creative players, dammit! ;D

Grorgy:
So, everybody, go out to buy Sansa and Creative players, dammit!
--- End quote ---

Love my Sansa  :-*  :)

Armando:
Yep... No problem with my Sansa. And it was cheap!

Ralf Maximus:
Minor threadjack here, but...

Are the new crop of cell phones + mp3 players open?  Or must one use "special" software (as in "Johnny is in one of our special students")?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version