ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Which MP3 tagger do you use?

<< < (15/16) > >>

Vurbal:
Mp3Tag is also my go to choice for every day tagging but like Tuxman I keep MusicBrainz Picard around for its fingerprint capabilities.

tomos:
Picard has a reason to live on my hard disk as it can find tags by checking the fingerprint
-Tuxman (September 28, 2013, 08:15 AM)
--- End quote ---
like Tuxman I keep MusicBrainz Picard around for its fingerprint capabilities.
-Vurbal (September 28, 2013, 10:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

I was going to ask what this meant, but I found this in the documentation:

Scanning (fingerprinting) files

Instead of using release-oriented and metadata-dependent lookups, Picard can try and tag your files 1-by-1 based on their audio fingerprint. If you select a set of files in the left-hand pane and click "Scan", Picard will find PUIDs for your files and query MusicBrainz to find a track that matches them.-http://musicbrainz.org/doc/MusicBrainz_Picard/Documentation#Scanning_.28fingerprinting.29_files
--- End quote ---

1) so IIUC, that's mainly used to identify unknown tracks?
2) Can it be used to identify similar tracks?

Tuxman:
1) Yes.
2) I'd recommend Similarity for that.

tomos:
1) Yes.
2) I'd recommend Similarity for that.
-Tuxman (September 28, 2013, 01:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

thanks!

xtabber:
I only know i was able to use it to do all kinds of things like parsing tags from the filename in different ways, sorting and filtering, and cleaning up tags using regular expressions, etc.  It had a way to do everything i wanted to do.
-mouser (September 28, 2013, 05:28 AM)
--- End quote ---
Perhaps the most awesome ability is that tags selected by a user defined template can be exported to a text file which can be manipulated any way you want, then imported using the same or a different template into the same, or different music.

Without MP3Tag. life would be too short to even think about providing consistent labeling across multiple versions of Bach's Well Tempered Clavier, which consists of either 48 or 96 files, depending on whether the preludes and fugues are combined or separate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version