ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Which MP3 tagger do you use?

<< < (13/16) > >>

Innuendo:
What is the situation today - with AudioShell not been updated since July 2007 (XP > Vista > Seven) ?-Curt (November 19, 2009, 06:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Basic functionality is in the Windows 7 Explorer. If you want fancy features (even fancier than AudioShell) there's always the payware dbpoweramp.

Xenonym:
I used to use MusicBrainz Tagger, but I have since switched foobar2000 with foo_discogs (honestly, it's an awesome plugin).

Innuendo:
I used to use MusicBrainz Tagger, but I have since switched foobar2000 with foo_discogs (honestly, it's an awesome plugin).-Xenonym (November 21, 2009, 08:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Foobar2000's tagging abilities are truly awesome. Start adding components like the foo_discogs one you just mentioned and you go from awesome to crazy-powerful quickly. My only beef with Foobar's tagging, and this is my own personal quirk, is that there's no way to tag files without modifying the file dates.

This behavior of mine goes all the way back to the very first mp3 I got my hands on. I may have to try to break this habit in order to use some programs I can't otherwise.

paarkhi:
MP3tag

Innuendo:
Not really my thing, but someone may be interested in this. Helium Music Manager 7 has been released. I haven't tried it out myself extensively yet, but lots of things look encouraging. They've re-wrote a lot of the code so everything is Unicode-aware now. The GUI has been streamlined a bit. Also gone is the 30-day trial mode. That's been replaced with a free mode that never expires and if you find you want to shell out the bucks for paid mode you'll be pleased to find out that the price has been lowered from $44.95 to $29.95.

Registered Helium 6 owners need to check their receipts. If you bought Helium 6 anytime in the last year you're entitled to a free upgrade to a version 7 network license.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version