ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Which MP3 tagger do you use?

<< < (2/16) > >>

tinyvillager:
I do about every thing audio related through dBpoweramp Music Converter reference now.
I wish i could find a video converter which was just as easy,but that's a different thread. 

Darwin:
Just to add a comment, the worst part of tagging is that you have to be REALLY careful about being absolutely committed to one solution. I use WMP 11 to organize music on my Samsung mp3 player (note: stay away from the Samsung software. It's pretty, works well, but installs a service to handle DRM which you cannot control in any way, so it just sits there gobbling up CPU and RAM  :down:) and occasionally run into instances where the tagging performed in mp3Collector doesn't translate well. If I do the expedient thing and perform a fix in WMP, it just compounds the problem...

I also use MusicIP Mixer which handles tagging as well. Same results as above. For now I've defaulted to using mp3Collector...

Veign:
I kinda like Media Monkey for managing my MP3 collection:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/

Reason I like it is has the ability to fix filenames and tags.  Once thing I like with my MP3's is absolute consistency across all files.

Darwin:
Yes - this is what I was getting at: the annoyance of having inconsistencies introduced into my tagging system (OK that's a bit of a joke, but I'd appreciate everyone letting it pass) by mixing and matching different tagging solutions.

Lashiec:
Darwin, the problem with that lies within the inability of programmers to correctly implement ID3v2 tags. It's not only their fault, but also a problem of the specification, being a hack in the beginning and all, with various versions of it, with only 2.4 being the right designed one. It seems to be a trend within big programs though, small software have support for the various revisions, and provide options to choose another revision of your fancy, but warning about their shortcomings.

For example, foobar2000, Mp3tag and XMPlay all recognize and play nice with my files. Winamp also fixed its way in recent times. You can't say the same of iTunes and WMP11, though, those both use ID3v2.3, and people has laughed (or cursed) the implementation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version