ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Pet Peeve: I will never buy a rechargeable mouse again for as long as i live

<< < (9/11) > >>

Nighted:
Ok, I checked my receipt....I bought my mouse on September 7th. When I got home I popped in the included batteries (Energizers). I've used it heavily each day since. Today, finally, the batteries had to be replaced.

iphigenie:
I quite like my wireless mini mouse () and my wireless trackman. I bought neither because they were wireless, I bought them mostly because they were 5-button and had 2 buttons under the thumb (I depend on those buttons being there in WoW so any device without it is just doomed). It was almost a case of "in spite" of being wireless... Now i need to get my hands on some more rechargeable batteries just to be ready.

Trust makes quite a lot of very competitively priced light mice, almost all with 5 buttons so I own a big one (wired) and a little one (wireless). And I plan to buy one of the "fancy" (£12.99) gamer ones too.
One of the neat thing they do on almost every device is that next to the serial number they print the URL of the product support page. I find that really really neat in its simplicity. For example my mouse is http://www.trust.com/15315

As for the trackball they are very handy when you dont want to move your hand too much - either getting a bit of RSA (I used to have the "marble mouse" at work just for that) or because you're on a sofa or in a hotel room and theres just not much space. When I saw they had a 5 button trackball I could not resist.

olamoree:
I remember when the wireless keyboard wasn't booted until AFTER all opportunity to get into the BIOS (Del) and I kept having to plug in the PS/2 KB to get into the BIOS... so one day I just left it plugged in and its been plugged in ever since.

Then when the sharp pain started in on my right wrist (R handed) I immediately thought CTS and surgery, so I got a $4 tiny optical laptop PS/2 mouse and put it on the LEFT and quickly discovered that I didn't have to let go of the mouse to jot down a note, my right wrist was feeling a LOT better, nobody would sit down at MY computer because the mouse was on the left and it only took me a few days to permanently make the switch!  That was 10 years ago and I still use wired everything except Bluetooth.

Recommendation for wireless wierdos... keep a WIRED mouse plugged in to the PS/2 if your wireless is USB and in a critical moment you will still have a mouse, altho corded... I have a wired trackball (can't find a L handed one) always plugged in on the right just in case...

Lashiec:
Yup, I have one handy if I'm the middle of something important, and the "current" goes off. Like, you know, playing games ;D

CleverCat:
If you want the lightest battery free wireless mouse.......(Yes - no batteries)....

http://www.a4tech.com/en/product2.asp?CID=90&SCID=92&MNO=NB-30&ovmkt=23G00LDM1H7ECL769S263G78OO

:D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version