ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Pet Peeve: I will never buy a rechargeable mouse again for as long as i live

<< < (7/11) > >>

Laughing Man:
I bought a rechargeable Logitech Wireless MX1000 mouse a couple years ago. I've had problems with the mouse jumping around the screen or not responding to movement. Contacted tech support and they said it the receiver needs to be 1 foot away from electrical equipment. Excuse me? A mouse that needs to be away from electrical devices?

I've had the mouse die on my a few times while in use, but to be honest it hasn't happened in a while because I hardly use the thing. I much prefer my trackball as it requires less desktop space and doesn't hurt my wrist.

If I were to get another wireless mouse in the future, I think I'd go for the rechargeable AA batteries option.
-Deozaan (November 04, 2007, 10:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah Logitech mouses are weird. I love my wireless mouse though..being able to use it on my bed in the dorm is nice (no problems charging it since I remember to put it back into its slot when I'm going out). Though I do prefer my laptop's battery operated Logitech VX Revolution. The battery life that thing gets is insane..

Deozaan:
Yeah Logitech mouses are weird. I love my wireless mouse though..being able to use it on my bed in the dorm is nice (no problems charging it since I remember to put it back into its slot when I'm going out). Though I do prefer my laptop's battery operated Logitech VX Revolution. The battery life that thing gets is insane..
-Laughing Man (November 05, 2007, 09:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe I should also mention that the battery life on my MX Laser 1000 is quite long -- when I'm not using it. It can hold still, powered on for many weeks! The big drain on the battery seems to be games or things that require holding down the buttons (as opposed to clicks now and then). Normal, non-game usage and the lith-ion battery lasts quite a while.

Ralf Maximus:
I went back to a wired mouse, not because of battery troubles (I went the standard AA rechargable route) but because of RF interference.  I blamed Intellipoint for a long time until I tried one of my old wired mouses and the problem went away.

So I went and got a nice Microsoft 6000 series laser mouse with a loooong tail and now things are fine.

Stupid radio.

nontroppo:
Not that this joint is much of a hotbed of Apple fanatics, but a stern warning to refuse at all costs (even if donated at no cost, or offered with further favors!) Apple's Mighty mouse (wired or unwired).

Good: 360deg scrollball
Bad: Everything else, but really everything else.

They've got some fancy touch sensitive doodad so even though it has no left/right buttons it senses which side you are clicking -- except when it doesn't which is about 40%of the time. The only way to get reliable clicking is to back your hand way off, so then the side buttons are completely out of reach. Not having seperate mouse buttons though breaks the greatest mouse innovation in years - rocker gestures. Click left+riht or right+left is a lightening way to do stuff. It works in Opera, Firefox, and my global gestures system XGestures (but not in strokeIT).

Ralf Maximus:
Yeah, but Mighty Mouse is such a cool name. 

I want one and I don't even have a Mac.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version