ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Pet Peeve: I will never buy a rechargeable mouse again for as long as i live

<< < (5/11) > >>

cranioscopical:
hey, that clockwork mouse isn't such a bad idea. why not have a wireless mouse that recharges itself via the motion you put it through - yes, that's right, using a ball underneath it connected to a dynamo (or whatever).
-nudone (November 04, 2007, 09:53 AM)
--- End quote ---
Some mice now use that dirty great flywheel of sorts for scrolling... so you're right, harness the energy! :)

You missed a golden opportunity there, Chris: you've got the mouse thing "wired"  :P
-Darwin (November 04, 2007, 09:11 AM)
--- End quote ---
You and I both know that the only opportunity I missed was to avoid posting more nonsense  ;)

edit by jgpaiva: fixed the image for you, chris ;)
--- End quote ---
Thank you kindly!  :-[

Darwin:
You and I both know that the only opportunity I missed was to avoid posting more nonsense
--- End quote ---

Ouch! Touché!  ;D

lanux128:
repeat to fade.. wireless mice are evil! ;D

Deozaan:
I bought a rechargeable Logitech Wireless MX1000 mouse a couple years ago. I've had problems with the mouse jumping around the screen or not responding to movement. Contacted tech support and they said it the receiver needs to be 1 foot away from electrical equipment. Excuse me? A mouse that needs to be away from electrical devices?

I've had the mouse die on my a few times while in use, but to be honest it hasn't happened in a while because I hardly use the thing. I much prefer my trackball as it requires less desktop space and doesn't hurt my wrist.

If I were to get another wireless mouse in the future, I think I'd go for the rechargeable AA batteries option.

wreckedcarzz:
I have the solution, mouser-sen! Use rechargeable batteries in a battery powered mouse! Best of both worlds. This is what I do and I've had to recharge the rechargeables (being ahead of the curve, I have an extra set of rechargeables so just swap them and keep on working) twice in two and a half years. Ditto for the keyboard. Crazy.
-Darwin (November 04, 2007, 07:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

I have been doing the same thing for about 6 months now. But then the rechargables sometimes lose a charge or sometimes I am charging them and the ones in the mouse die (usually during a game or something else "important" :P) so then I have to run to get normal AAA's...

I am waiting for wireless power. That will be the day. ;D

EDIT: My current mouse (Micro Innovations Wireless Optical Mouse PD950P- try saying that 3 times backwards) takes 2 AAA's; its that small. And it still dies like once a week! :huh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version